Re: Determining return type of polymorphic function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Determining return type of polymorphic function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I was thinking of actually also storing the oid in the typelem field
> but the docs imply this does something fancy with subscripting.

Yeah, like enable it ;-).  You can't do that unless you are some kind
of array type.  typelem pointing at yourself would be particularly
bad news --- probably lead to infinite loops ...

> Would a patch to change the rules be accepted, or would it be
> considered a unnecessary backward incompatable change?

I wouldn't back-patch it, but it seems like something we could still put
in for 8.1.

Сообщение: Re: Determining return type of polymorphic function
Сообщение: Re: Determining return type of polymorphic function