Re: How do we create the releases?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: How do we create the releases?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 01:12:06PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>> Is this script in CVS somewhere? I know it's not in the main backend
>>> repo.
>> Most of what these scripts have done in the past has been systematized
>> and folded into the "make dist" target in the mean time, and AFAICT, we
>> could integrate the documentation preparation as well, now that it
>> works automatically in a reliable fashion.  That would reduce the
>> answer to the original question to something like
>>
>> ./configure
>> make dist[check]
>
> If we can do that, that makes it even better. But is it something we can
> reasonably backpatch? Otherwise we still need both documentation and
> scripts to deal with back branches.

Marc, how's this coming? We still need this documented somewhere, if
it's not being put into CVS. And documenting what it is could be a good
starting point for somebody else to put it into the Makefile, if you
don't have the time to work on that part yourself.

But not having it documented *or* in the Makefile just sucks...

//Magnus