Re: How to install Postgresql on MS Vista?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: How to install Postgresql on MS Vista?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dave Page wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Dave Page wrote:
>>> Except the administrator account is disabled by default on Vista.
>>
>> Huh? What I am confused about, and I don't pretend in anyway to
>> understand Vista but I just bought my wife a new vista machine and the
>> default user (the one created during setup) was an Administrator.
>
> *An* administrator, not *the* administrator. Think of it in terms of
> root being disabled, with your wife having 'sudo <nearly anything>' access.

O.k. that makes much more sense. Thanks.

BTW, and this is completely off topic but Vista really doesn't seem
nearly as bad as all the geeks would make it out to be. It seems a nice
evolutionary step ... although it seems a step toward MacOSX ;)

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/