Re: Load Distributed Checkpoints test results

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Load Distributed Checkpoints test results
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Greg Smith wrote:

> I don't expect this patch to be perfect when it is applied.  I do expect
> to be a best effort, and it will get continual real-world testing during
> beta and we can continue to improve this.  Right now, we know we have a
> serious issue with checkpoint I/O, and this patch is going to improve
> that in most cases.  I don't want to see us reject it or greatly delay
> beta as we try to make it perfect.
>
> My main point is that should keep trying to make the patch better, but
> the patch doesn't have to be perfect to get applied.  I don't want us to
> get into a death-by-testing spiral.

Death by testing? The only comment I have is that is could be useful to
be able to turn this feature off via GUC. Other than that, I think it is
great.

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: Load Distributed Checkpoints test results
Сообщение: Re: Load Distributed Checkpoints test results