Re: persistent db connections in PHP

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: persistent db connections in PHP
Дата
Список pgsql-general
lawpoop@gmail.com wrote:
> However, with this new Postgres site, I don't have access to my temp
> tables after I've traversed another pg_connect. So PHP is either
> creating a new connection, or giving me another session, not the one
> which I created my tables in.

You wouldn't expect to be given back the same connection (and hence the
same temp tables) from a pool of connections - they're returned randomly.

Scott Marlowe wrote:
> MySQL reuses old connections within the same script.  PostgreSQL's php
> extension does not, it starts a new connection each time.

Isn't pg_pconnect supposed to recycle a pooled connection?

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Сообщение: Re: Running OS-level programs from Postgres?
Сообщение: Re: Running OS-level programs from Postgres?