Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [PERFORM] [ADMIN] Postgres VS Oracle

От Guy Rouillier
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [PERFORM] [ADMIN] Postgres VS Oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> 2. Oracle, Microsoft, and IBM have a "lot" to fear in the sense of a
> database like PostgreSQL. We can compete in 90-95% of cases where people
> would traditionally purchase a proprietary system for many, many
> thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of dollars.

Well, I'm sure that is part of it, perhaps the major part.  But part of
also is likely to be avoiding every shlub with a computer doing some
off-the-wall comparison showing X to be 1000 times "better" than Oracle,
SQL Server or DB2; then the corresponding vendor has to spend endless
time and money refuting all these half-baked comparisons.

--
Guy Rouillier