Re: [GENERAL] [PERFORM] [ADMIN] Postgres VS Oracle

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: [GENERAL] [PERFORM] [ADMIN] Postgres VS Oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
PFC wrote:

>> 2. Oracle, Microsoft, and IBM have a "lot" to fear in the sense of a
>> database like PostgreSQL. We can compete in 90-95% of cases where
>> people would traditionally purchase a proprietary system for many,
>> many thousands (if not hundreds of thousands) of dollars.
>
>     Oracle also fears benchmarks made by people who don't know how to
> tune Oracle properly...

Yes that is one argument that is made (and a valid one) but it is
assuredly not the only one that can be made, that would be legitimate.

Joshua D. Drake

>                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] [ADMIN] Postgres VS Oracle
Сообщение: Re: [PERFORM] [ADMIN] Postgres VS Oracle