Re: On file locking

От Giles Lean
Тема Re: On file locking
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This could be cleaned up rather dramatically if we were to use one of
> the file locking primitives supplied by the OS to grab an exclusive
> lock on the file, ...
> The first question for the group is: is it worth doing that?

In the past it has been proposed and declined -- there is some stuff
in the archives.  While it would be beneficial to installations using
local data it would introduce new failure modes for installations
using NFS.

Regards,

Giles

Сообщение: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System
Сообщение: Re: [mail] Re: Windows Build System