Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues
Дата
Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Gregory Stark <stark@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> Well assuming we have any SQL-level support at all I think we should
>> strive to avoid these functions taking INTERNAL arguments.

> That gets us down to just needing to worry about whether we like the
> SQL representation of configurations.  Which is still a nontrivial
> issue, but at least it seems manageable on a timescale that's
> reasonable for 8.3.

O.k. I am not trying to throw any cold water on this, but with the
limitations we are suggesting, does the patch gain us anything over just
leaving tsearch in contrib?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues
Сообщение: Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues