Re: Selecting a constant question

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Selecting a constant question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Ühel kenal päeval, T, 2007-06-12 kell 13:40, kirjutas Larry McGhaw:
>> For what its worth .. Your statement about why we are the first people
>> to mention this problem really got me thinking.  Anyone who would
>> attempt to write an ODBC driver for Postgres would run into the exact
>> same issue.   So I installed the official Postgres ODBC driver, and ran
>> the identical query and here are my results:
>>
>> I probably should have looked at this first .... There is a whole
>> Postgres ODBC dialog dedicated to the very subject of this thread:
>> Handling of "unknown" data sizes.   The pgodbc driver is configured to
>> treat unknowns as varchar(255) by default,
>> As shown by my example below.  This can be configured up or down as
>> desired.
>
> BTW, what is the reason you are writing your own ODBC driver ?

They aren't I don't think. I think they are using the ODBC driver as an
example.

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Selecting a constant question: A summary
От: "Chuck McDevitt"
Сообщение: Re: Selecting a constant question: A summary