Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Moving toward a more professional booth presence
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> Josh,

>>> Keep in mind that many/most booth people *are* volunteers, so we can't be
>>> jerks about it.  Ultimately, we need them more than they need us, and often
>>> it's all we can do to get a booth fully staffed.
>> Well of course. I think more to the point would be:
>>
>> No Command Prompt, Inc/EnterpriseDB shirts...
>>
>> However, I doubt that any volunteer is going to have a problem. I mean
>> they did volunteer for a reason ;)
>
> How do you handle commercial booth staff who want to help in the booth for
> a while?  I like the consistent look idea, but the exclusion thing seems
> odd.

Well, honestly... if the commercial entity wants to help, they shouldn't
have a problem promoting just PostgreSQL. It certainly doesn't stop them
from talking about "why" or "how" they are promoting.

Hey, yep I am Bruce, I work for EnterpriseDB and I am here promoting
PostgreSQL, thus the T-shirt, here is some greated printed materials on
PostgreSQL, more information on EnterpriseDB can be found in the folder
as well. Oh and by the way, the EDB booth is 50 yards to your left.

Oh you are looking for 24x7 PostgreSQL support? Well let me get you over
to Joshua Drake. He is a PostgreSQL contributor as well and he founded
Command Prompt, Inc., the best 24x7 PostgreSQL provider available.

;)

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/