Re: Avoiding legal email signatures

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Avoiding legal email signatures
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Greg Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Jun 2007, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
>> If enough people do that, it might coerce people to avoid them, and
>> perhaps we could put something in the FAQ about it.
>
> You should just say flat-out that the terms of the mailing list are
> incompatible with confidentiality and similar legal disclaimers because
> the way messages are archived make that technically impossible.  Put it
> in the FAQ, put it in the message people get when they subscribe.  Then
> enforce similarly to how bad top posting is dealt with now:  everyone
> understands that people get only a curt response, perhaps just a pointer
> to the relevant documentation, and instead are told the specifics of
> their messages can't be addressed on the list while there's a disclaimer
> attached.

Haven't we been over this at least once before? Greg is right, just
document the point and leave it alone. If you want to get really picky
about, make the confirmation email from the subscription process
specifically state that confirming subscription is an acceptance of the
PostgreSQL.Org usage policies which can be found here (insert link).

Have the usage policies state that by using our lists they are giving up
any confidentiality or propreitary gains because the list is *public*.

Joshua D. Drake

> Just ignoring them altogether will just give the community a bad
> reputation for being unresponsive.
>
> --
> * Greg Smith gsmith@gregsmith.com http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Сообщение: Re: Avoiding legal email signatures
Сообщение: Re: Avoiding legal email signatures