Re: Tsearch vs Snowball, or what's a source file?

От Teodor Sigaev
Тема Re: Tsearch vs Snowball, or what's a source file?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 1 Compiling from .sbl by original Snowball's makefile requires Perl and
> doesn't work cleanly:
AFAIK, you don't receive any answers on your email in snowball mailing list.

> 2 Snowball's compiling infrastructure doesn't support Windows target.

3 I understand your wish about including only real sources and snowball_code.tgz
contains some extra data (doc, examples) which isn't needed for tsearch & pgsql

4 Your suggest to simplify support of snowball by using original file's layout
from Snowball

For that reasons, we suggest to put into source tree (in src/snowball) only
three directory for snowball_code.tgz: - /compiler - compiler from *.sbl to *.c - /runtime - common code for all
stemmers- /algorithms - *.sbl files

and use pgsql's makefile infrastructure to compiling stemmers.

Comments, objections?

  WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/

От: Markus Schiltknecht
Сообщение: Re: COPYable logs status
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Tsearch vs Snowball, or what's a source file?