Re: COPYable logs status

От Markus Schiltknecht
Тема Re: COPYable logs status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Tom Lane wrote:
> We *have* a log-writing process.  The problem is in getting the data to it.

Remember the imessages approach I'm using for Postgres-R? It passes
messages around using shared memory and signals the receiver on incoming
data. It's not perfect, sure, but it's a general solution to a common
problem.

Maybe it's worth a thought, instead of fiddling with signals, special
shmem areas and possible races every time the 'getting data to another
process'-problem comes up?

Regards

Markus

Сообщение: Re: Issues with factorial operator
Сообщение: Re: Issues with factorial operator