Why the elephant?

От Gabriele Bartolini
Тема Why the elephant?
Дата
Re: Why the elephant?  (Oleg Bartunov <oleg@sai.msu.su>)
Re: Why the elephant?  (Lukas Kahwe Smith <smith@pooteeweet.org>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi guys,

   I am trying to get sorted out the PostgreSQL flyers for the Italian
Community. Unfortunately, we do not have a list of companies that use it
that we can print on the second page. Therefore we have some free space.
I was wondering, given that everyone who is new to PostgreSQL asks met
that, if we can put a small frame in the second page that explains why
the symbol of PostgreSQL is an elephant.

   I came up with this issue on the IRC channel a few days ago and I had
a few answers. Also I looked on wikipedia and have come up with a few items:

1) an elephant never forgets
2) the elephant is the strongest animal on earth
3) the elephant has a long life
4) the elephant is the largest land animal
5) symbols of wisdom in Asian cultures
6) famed for their exceptional memory and high intelligence

   Am I off track? Please let me know, I am sure it would be nice to add
such a foot note on the flyer.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Web Programmer, IWA/HWG Member
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy