Re: Creditcard Number Security was Re: Encrypted column

От Tino Wildenhain
Тема Re: Creditcard Number Security was Re: Encrypted column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Guy Rouillier wrote:
>> Richard P. Welty wrote:
>>> Guy Fraser wrote:
>
>> Paypal has a perception issue - they are perceived as being tightly
>> linked with eBay.  That's a problem in the corporate arena.  If my
>> stock broker were to tell me they do all their financial transactions
>> through Paypal, I'd probably wonder if they were a legitimate
>> corporation.
>>
>> Do any of these outsourcers indemnify corporate customers against
>> fraud or data loss?
>
> The problem with paypal is it is NOT a bank and is not held by the same
> regulations , insurance standards or liabilities as banks.

You should update - paypal is a bank now. But anyway CC processors
are in fact liable with high penalties for CC data. You must be carefull
to fullfill PCI and other requirements or you loose your contracts
with CC aquirers and banks.

Tino