Re: [RFC] GSoC Work on readonly queries done so far

От Florian G. Pflug
Тема Re: [RFC] GSoC Work on readonly queries done so far
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
> Florian G. Pflug wrote:
>> Work done so far:
>> -----------------
>>  .) Don't start autovacuum and bgwriter.
>
> Do table stats used by the planner get replicated on a PITR slave?  I
> assume so, but if not, you would need autovac to do analyzes.

Yes - everything that get wal-logged on the master gets replicated to
the slave. In my design, it isn't possible to do "analyze" on the slave,
because all datafiles are strictly readonly (well, with the small
exception of hit-bit updates actually).

greetings, Florian Pflug

Сообщение: Re: [RFC] GSoC Work on readonly queries done so far
Сообщение: Re: [RFC] GSoC Work on readonly queries done so far