Re: more robust log rotation

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: more robust log rotation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>> My thought is to have the logger mark each true log line line end with a
>> null byte.
>>

> This seems not to help much when you consider interleaved output from
> different backends...

True. We have two problems with log robustness, and this was an attempt
to address one of them. I sent some thoughts about interleaving
yesterday. If you have any thoughts about handling interleaving then I'm
all ears. However, my impression was that this only happened on a small
number of platforms. If it's more general then it's all the more urgent
to fix. ISTM that we can't really consider CSV logging until we have a
handle on both problems.

cheers

andrew