Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use gender-neutral language in documentation

От Wolfgang Wilhelm
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use gender-neutral language in documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello all,

I'm a non-native speaker and to my shame not very good in english at all. So just my 2c on the topic:

"Users can make such a change for their individual sessions" is for me perfectly understandable.
"any user can make such a change for their session" is for me a mixture of a singular and a plural form and difficult to understand whether this is just a spelling error (is it individual sessions?) or just another gap in my knowledge. From my point of view the documentation is not just for english native speakers but for all the ones which don't have a translation to their language and as such one shouldn't look at the newest trends in "correctness".

Regards
Wolfgang