Re: dbt2 NOTPM numbers

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: dbt2 NOTPM numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Markus Schiltknecht wrote:
> I'm currently playing with dbt2 and am wondering, if the results I'm
> getting are reasonable. I'm testing a 2x Dual Core Xeon system with 4 GB
> of RAM and 8 SATA HDDs attached via Areca RAID Controller w/ battery
> backed write cache. Seven of the eight platters are configured as one
> RAID6, one spare drive. That should leave five platters for distributing
> read only accesses.
>
> The NOTPM numbers I'm getting are suspiciously low, IMO, but maybe I'm
> expecting too much. What do you think, is this reasonable or do I have
> to twiddle with the configuration somewhat more?

There's clearly something wrong. The response times are ridiculously
high, they should be < 5 seconds (except for stock level transaction) to
pass a TPC-C test. I wonder if you built any indexes at all?

The configuration I'm running here has 3 data drives, and I'm getting
reasonable results with ~100 warehouses, at ~1200 noTPM.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas