Re: Question about corruption about openoffice file

От Matthew T. O'Connor
Тема Re: Question about corruption about openoffice file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Paolo Bizzarri wrote:
> my name is Paolo Bizzarri and I am a developer of PAFlow, an document
> tracking and management system for public administrations.
>
> We use postgres as a backend, and we are experimenting some corruption
> problems on openoffice files.
>
> As our application is rather complex (it includes Zope as an
> application server, OpenOffice as a document server and as a client)
> we need some info on how to check that we are interacting correctly
> with Postgres.
>
> Do you have any hints on how what is useful to check/see?

I think we need more information.  I assume you are storing the OOo
files in PostgreSQL?  Are the documents themselves getting corrupted?
All of them only some of them?  How are you storing them etc?  etc..

> We are currently using:
>
> - PostgreSQL 7.4.8;
> - pyscopg 1.1.11;
> - Zope 2.7.x;
> - Openoffice 2.2.

7.4.8 is very old at this point, any reason not to be using 8.2? Or at
least something newer?