Re: swap storm created by 8.2.3

От Joseph S
Тема Re: swap storm created by 8.2.3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I set the ulimit for data to 4194304k:

core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
data seg size           (kbytes, -d) 4194304
pending signals                 (-i) 1024
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 32
open files                      (-n) 8192
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 10240
max user processes              (-u) 32255

but after running a while the process still grew past 10 gig and created
a swap storm (as reported by top):

6266 postgres  15   0 11.2g 3.6g  732 D    9 91.7  21:29.01 postgres:
user2 owl 199.107.233.201(45564) EXPLAIN

... and I had to kill -INT it to keep the system responsive.