Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS

От Zoltan Boszormenyi
Тема Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS
Дата
Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
If you ask me, yes. When I had to choose between MySQL 3.x and
PostgreSQL 6.5 a long ago and I was able to exclude the DB superuser
with REVOKE CONNECT from MySQL, I said "no, thanks".
I did it on purpose to prove that you can the external configuration
is better in this case.

And apart from fixing pg_hba.conf after you move the machine,
PostgreSQL is quite location agnostic network-wise.
You can modify the IP address[es] and FQDN of  the machine,
which is not easily doable if you use e.g. Informix where the hostname
is stored deep inside the DB and some subsystems break if it changes.

--
Zoltán Böszörményi

Сообщение: Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS
Сообщение: Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS