Re: default db

От Hannes Dorbath
Тема Re: default db
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 22.05.2007 14:02, Sandro Dentella wrote:
>   I see that the default encoding for a db is taken from template1.
>
>   I'm using debian and I don't understand how to create template1 on
>   installation of postgresql with a preferred encoding.
>
>   Is it safe to just dump/restore template1 with different encoding?

Default encoding is taken from the cluster locale. Debian sure has some
fancy wrapper scripts for that, but

initdb -D $PGDATA --locale='en_US.utf8'

is the command to create a new cluster with another locale. Chose one
from locale -a

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath

От: "John D. Burger"
Сообщение: Re: default db
От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: Lock table, Select for update and Serialization error