Re: Trigger function which inserts into table; values from lookup

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Trigger function which inserts into table; values from lookup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 21/05/2007 05:26, novnov wrote:

> OK, but, how do I set this up to do what I need? I want an insert that would
> create a dupe key to be rolled back, and inserts that would not create dupe
> keys to be committed.

Do you specifically need it in a trigger? I seem to recall an example in
the docs for pl/pgsql demonstrating a function to do something like this
- I think it tries an INSERT, and when a duplicate key raises an
exception, it does an update instead. - You could easily adapt this to
your purposes.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie