Re: Re: [Oledb-dev] double precision error with pg linux server, but not with windows pg server

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Re: [Oledb-dev] double precision error with pg linux server, but not with windows pg server
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>> I do recall someone telling me that text mode transfer could actually be
>> faster than binary, somewhat to their (and my) surprise.
>>

> Seems a bit improbable --- what was their test case?

No idea - this was idle chat on IRC I think. I am similarly skeptical.
After all, we just had a discussion about improving performance of PLs
by avoiding use of the input/output functions in some cases.

cheers

andrew