Re: Signing off of patches (was Re: Not ready for 8.3)

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Signing off of patches (was Re: Not ready for 8.3)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Having the Linux process still in memory, I started thinking that maybe
> what we need, is a sign-off process, whereby developer A reviews other
> developers' patches, make comments, and when the commented-on developer
> (call him B) has fixed the issues that A had, then A signs off B patch.
> In return for the favor, B also reviews and signs off A patches.
> Eventually this leads to more cooperation between otherwise independent
> developers.

You're thinking of the wrong process. What you seem to be suggesting is
a process that mimics the Usenet Oracle[1], in which if you ask a
question you get given one to answer ...

cheers

andrew

[1] http://cgi.cs.indiana.edu/~oracle/index.cgi (Zot)