Idea that might inspire more patch reviewing.

От Ron Mayer
Тема Idea that might inspire more patch reviewing.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> In talking to people who are assigned to review patches or could review
> patches, I often get the reply, "Oh, yea, I need to do that".

Would it inspire more people to learn enough to become patch
reviewers if patch authors scheduled walkthroughs of their
patches with question and answer sessions over IRC or maybe
even some voice conferencing system like skype?

While it might not be of immediate value, I imagine a number
of inspiring-to-be-hackers might find such walkthroughs
enlightening, and if actual qualified reviewers participate
in the Q&A during those walkthroughs seeing the kinds of
questions raised would be quite educational as well.

I don't know if this would help - I guess it needs 3 things:
patch authors willing to do such walkthroughs, qualified
people willing to participate in them, and enough wannabe
hackers wanting to listen in.

Do people think this would help- or is it just a
clunkier way of doing what's already done via email
on the patches list?