Re: Async commands (like drop index)

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Async commands (like drop index)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Yes. As cool as concurrent psql is... the majority of our users don't
>> use it. They use PgAdminIII.
>
> So?  IIRC pgAdmin can open up multiple connections already.
>
>> This should be client agnostic imo.
>
> Just to be perfectly clear: the odds of making a single backend support
> concurrent operations in the foreseeable future are indistinguishable
> from zero.  So if you want a behavior like this, it's going to have to
> happen by making the client open up multiple connections.  I see no
> reason at all to tie such a feature to index-dropping in particular.

I was just using the index dropping as something particularly useful. It
could be anything.

Also note that I really wasn't trying to detract from what's important
right now. I just wanted to get this on the list for later discussion.

Joshua D. Drake

>             regards, tom lane

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

Сообщение: Re: Async commands (like drop index)
Сообщение: Re: Async commands (like drop index)