Re: Fault Tolerant Postgresql (two machines, two postmasters, one disk array)

От Hannes Dorbath
Тема Re: Fault Tolerant Postgresql (two machines, two postmasters, one disk array)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 12:50:56PM -0400, John D. Burger wrote:
>> Shoot The Other Node In The Head:
>>
>> http://www.linux-ha.org/STONITH
>
> Right.  I have heard people tell me this works as advertised, but
> I've never used it.  I can tell you that a certain large, well-known
> blue company has a similar product, that in my experience does _not_
> always work as advertised.

Sure a HA setup is nothing that is setup over a weekend. I've spend
about 3-4 months with testing. Correct node and resource fencing is
essential and any mistake will cause your boxes go split brain. But it's
not that complex either, given a simple 2 node cluster.

Just make sure there are enough completely redundant communication paths
(we have 4) for heartbeat and never run without a correctly configured
and tested STONITH device. In case the STONITH device is a power switch
connected directly to the standby node, there is not so much that can fail.

My experiences with linux-ha are good.

--
Best regards,
Hannes Dorbath

Сообщение: Re: Transaction commit in a trigger function
Сообщение: Re: Transaction commit in a trigger function