Re: mb and ecpg regression tests

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: mb and ecpg regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

>> Back when we were thinking of supporting MSVC builds, we thought that
>> everything would need to be a C program, and so we rewrote the main
>> regression script in C, for example. However, now we have a build system
>> for MSVC we can see that its main infrastructure is in fact perl, so I
>> think what we need to do is to convert the MBCS and ECPG regression
>> drivers to perl rather than C - which should be far, far  simpler task.
>>

> I disagree with this for ecpg because (a) it would be a capability
> regression from the point of view of anyone building a non-perl-enabled
> build on Unix, and (b) we already have the C regression driver, why
> can't we re-use or adapt it for ecpg instead of writing and debugging
> and maintaining an entirely new set of test infrastructure?
>
> For the MBCS stuff I don't care, since no one runs that on a regular
> basis anyway (or should need to...)

Well, you need perl to build from CVS, IIRC, but I take the point.

I don't think ECPG can use pg_regress as is, because it does more than
just run psql. We probably need to look at factoring out the common bits
into a shared lib. That's not a bad idea anyway.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: mb and ecpg regression tests
Сообщение: Re: mb and ecpg regression tests