Re: Not ready for 8.3

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Not ready for 8.3
Дата
Re: Not ready for 8.3  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

David Fetter wrote:

>> My main difficulty was figuring out a workable way to build a local mirror
>> of the code (so I could get off-line diffs), keep it in sync with the
>> development tree, while branching out working areas to evaluate patches or
>> do new development in.  A good example walkthrough of how to do that using
>> standard tools would be a big help.  Hint:  if you suggest CVsup I'll
>> smack you.
>>

> Would you be interested in providing this meat?  You're uniquely
> qualified because your shins still smart from all the things you
> barked them on :)

For this item at least the work has been done in showing how to set up a
local mirror using rsync instead of CVSup. It's mentioned in the dev
version of the docs at
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/rsync.html - although
frankly it would be better to import the information rather than just
refer to the buildfarm HOWTO.

cheers

andredw