Re: Lack of urgency in 8.3 reviewing

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Lack of urgency in 8.3 reviewing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>> I disagree with that approach.  Larger more complex patches required
>>> much more work and effort than small, simple ones.  Not only do I
>>> think it's unfair to the authors who spent considerably more time on
>>> their work, but I think it also sets a bad precedent for future work;
>>> saying, in short, that if you want to make large strides to improve
>>> PostgreSQL, and you followed the community development process, you're
>>> still potentially last in line for review.
>> Yep.  We lose a lot of credibility if we did that.
>
> So, we lose no credibility if we sit in feature freeze indefinitely, with no
> direction, while we wait for reviewers to finish reviewing?

*cough* that is hardly what is happening. Just today we had two people
step up and commit to help reviewing. One of them is a committer (AndrewD).

I believe under no uncertain terms, that if we continual proactive
communication over the next several weeks that we will see a marked and
steady improvement to our existing status.

Let's keep this on earth shall we.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/