Re: Disk Fills Up and fsck "Compresses" it

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Disk Fills Up and fsck "Compresses" it
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
> No, it's part of FreeBSD's UFS. google FreeBSD softupdates and you
> should get plenty of info.
>
> As I said, it's probably not worth worrying about.
>
> On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 08:21:23AM -0700, Y Sidhu wrote:
>> What do you mean by "softupdates?" Is that a parameter in what I am guessing
>> is the conf file?

Here is quite a good article on the interaction of fsck and softupdates
in FreeBSD:

http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/bsdcon02/mckusick/mckusick_html/index.html

Having said that, it seems to talk about space lost by unreferenced
blocks and inodes is the context of panic or power outage, as opposed to
normal softupdate operation (unless I'm missing something...)

Cheers

Mark