Re: Managing the community information stream

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Managing the community information stream
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>> This is even better than our archives due to the problem that the
>>> archives don't have links to messages crossing month boundaries.  Have
>>> you noticed that if you go to the archives, some discussions appear
>>> truncated at a point, but you can go to the archive for the next month
>>> and it continues there?  I find that artifact somewhat annoying.  The
>>> bug report would continue receiving the CC'ed mails, so it would record
>>> them all in a single place.
>
>> Not crossing month boundaries is super-annoying.
>
> Indeed, but that should be fixed.  I can't imagine that one
> presumably-fixable deficiency is grounds for changing our entire
> discussion infrastructure.  Or do you think we will find something
> else that has no deficiencies of its own?

Very much agreed, however, changing how it's done might open up ways to
change other things for the better - things we can't do now. But getting
rid of that annoying thing alone does not change anything else, or
require changing of anything else.

//Magnus