Re: Not ready for 8.3

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Not ready for 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim C. Nasby wrote:

> How much visibility do we have into the mhonarc database? We should be
> able to come up with a simple redirector that would point the old
> mhonarc URLs to URLs for the new system...

<cough>database?</cough>

It's a file system. It simply generates HTML (or in our case) PHP files
from each message in an mbox. That's one of the reasons for the monthly
break - without it, the directories would be unusably full of files.

I the current URLs represent the month, and the ID of the message as it
comes out of the mbox I believe. We could probably write a script to
dump a list of message IDs, directories and mbox positions I imagine,
and then import that into a new database.

It's been on my list to rewrite the whole archive system for a while for
various reasons. There is quite a bit of crossover with the patch
tracker I proposed so I was hoping to look at both together.

Regards, Dave