Re: Not ready for 8.3

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Not ready for 8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>>> hrm - I see so is there a particular reason for that behaviour ?
>> They're stable until Bruce removes something from the queue. When
>> something is removed, it's renumbered.
>>
>> It's how mhonarc works. It's the same with the archives - if we delete a
>> mail, they get renumbered. So we never should delete, we should just
>> blank out, but it has happened a couple of times.
>
> Isn't there any other archiver we could use? The lack of URL stability
> in mhonarc is bad enough, but the cross-month issue is just horrible.

Nothing useful last time I looked (a year or two back admittedley). I
have a design for one in mind that I was looking to prototype - there
are some php classes that would make it quite simple to get messages
into a database either via procmail, or from an mbox.

the stumbling block I was running into was rewriting the old archives
URLs to the new ones.

Regards, Dave