Re: 8.3 pending patch queue

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: 8.3 pending patch queue
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> If people want proof that we have had some patches for months, this
>>> email is from Simon from January, 2007.
>>>
>> I don't think anyone (at least sanely) questions that there are patches
>> hanging out there.
>
> My point is that pushing them for 8.4 effectively doesn't move us
> forward because we have been "pushing" for a while.

Hmm, I don't agree..

Two steps forward, one step back.

You are still going forward.

> And you can't blame tracking because everyone knows what has to happen.

I am not blaming the tracker, the tracker is only part of the equation.
IMO this particular problem is about a lot of people wanting to eat ice
cream without doing their chores first.

All due respect to all the great developers that submitted patches but
they submitted all of these features and have reviewed few of the patches.

If the developers were to actually take a step back and say, "Hey...
instead of working on these dozen different features, I should work on
three and help someone review another three..." We wouldn't have this
problem.

Tom said it best (incomplete quote) a lot of people tried to run before
they could walk.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

>> Joshua D. Drake

>> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Сообщение: Re: Interaction of PITR backups and Bulkoperationsavoiding WAL
Сообщение: Re: Interaction of PITR backups and Bulkoperationsavoiding WAL