Re: [BUGS] Removing pg_auth_members.grantor (was Grantor name gets lost when grantor role dropped)

От Russell Smith
Тема Re: [BUGS] Removing pg_auth_members.grantor (was Grantor name gets lost when grantor role dropped)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
>> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>>

>>> 2. decide that the standard is braindead and just omit dumping the
>>>    grantor when it's no longer available, but don't remove
>>>    pg_auth_members.grantor
>>>
>>> Which do people feel should be implemented?  I can do whatever we
>>> decide; if no one has a strong opinion on the matter, my opinion is we
>>> do (2) which is the easiest.
>>>
>> Here is a patch implementing this idea, vaguely based on Russell's.
>>

> Applied to CVS HEAD, 8.2 and 8.1.
>
> If we want to start tracking the grantor as a shared dependency, and
> have REVOKE work per spec (i.e. only revoke the privileges actually
> granted by the role executing REVOKE), those are separate patches (and
> they should be applied only to HEAD).  This patch merely fixes the fact
> that pg_dumpall failed to work for busted databases.

Should there also be a doc patch for this, the document descriptions
seemed different to what is actually implemented.  I'll check that
before I make any further comments.

Russell

От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Managing the community information stream
От: "Jim C. Nasby"
Сообщение: Re: Seq scans roadmap