Re: Managing the community information stream

От Lukas Kahwe Smith
Тема Re: Managing the community information stream
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

guess I missed hackers on my initial reply. So I am re-sending the reply
I send to Joshua based on the reply I send to him in regards to a
hackers@ posting.

Read below.

regards,
Lukas

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> That being said, it seems obvious that so far PostgreSQL has been
>> mainly driven by what developers feel like implementing. I think this
>> is also what ensured the high level of standards compliance of
>> PostgreSQL, since features were tailored for experienced DBA types,
>> rather than end users that are less experienced in how to leverage
>> these standards.
>
> PostgreSQL has *never* been developed with the DBA in mind. Keep in mind
> that most of the postgresql developers have *zero* real world
> experience. Nor do they run postgresql themselves in real world
> production environments.

Well, certainly more with a DBA in mind than a middle tier developer?

regards,
Lukas

PS: Did you mean to only reply to me?