Re: "Leaking" disk space on FreeBSD servers

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: "Leaking" disk space on FreeBSD servers
Дата
Список pgsql-general

regarding journaling, there is the counter argument that you do not need to do the same job twice,

in the sense that we already spend a considerable amount of time retaining the WAL in postgresql,

no need to redo the same on FS level.

"Crush"-intensive systems (for lack of a better word) might benefit from FS journaling, but the

best option here is try and find the cause. FreeBSD systems are supposed to not crush,

that's why ppl use them in the first place.