Re: Connections refused during backups

От Glen Eustace
Тема Re: Connections refused during backups
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane wrote:
> Glen Eustace <geustace@godzone.net.nz> writes:
>> My apologies, I shouldn't have used the generic socket error 'Connection
>> refused'. What I am getting are errors like
>> "Could not connect to database" from libnss-pgsql
>
> Please be *exact* rather than handwaving.  What is the full text of the
> client-side message?  What if anything shows up in the postmaster log?
>
>             regards, tom lane

This is the exact message from libnss-pgsql, there is currently no
timestamp in the log ( which I will fix ), so I cannot place any
messages into the correct timeframe. I'll wait until tomorrow morning
and see if anything is obvious. The only thing I am aware of is that
nss-pgsql uses a 10s connection_timeout, which may be too short when the
pgsql server is busy.