Re: Managing the community information stream

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Managing the community information stream
Дата
Re: Managing the community information stream  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The idea of the patch number in the subject line works with that
> streaming model because it merely marks streams so they can be grouped.
> The defining event that marks the stream is a post to the patches list.
> We already number posts to the bugs list, so in a way we could improve
> tracking there and somehow link it to TODO items and patch submissions,
> but because many TODO items are not the result of bug reports but come
> out of general discussions, I am not sure tracking would work as well
> there.  And what about features?  Do you start assigning numbers there,
> and what is your trigger event?  In my opinion, as you start trying to
> place more structure on the stream, the stream itself starts to degrade
> in its dynamism and ease of use.  To me, that is the fundamental issue,
> and risk.

Bruce,

I cannot really add to that except to say that you neatly summarized
what I've completely failed to in my last few emails to Andrew. I agree
completely.

Regards, Dave.