Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Sebastian,
>
>> Before inventing a hyper tool, we might consider to provide 3-5 example
>> szenarios for common hardware configurations. This consumes less time
>> and be discussed and defined in a couple of days. This is of course not
>> the correct option for a brandnew 20 spindle Sata 10.000 Raid 10 system
>> but these are probably not the target for default configurations.
>
> That's been suggested a number of times, but some GUCs are really tied to the
> *exact* amount of RAM you have available.  So I've never seen how "example
> configurations" could help.

I'm not convinced about this objection - having samples gives a bit of a
heads up on *what* knobs you should at least look at changing.

Also it might be helpful on the -general or -perf lists to be able to
say "try config 3 (or whatever we call 'em) and see what changes..."

I've certainly found the sample config files supplied with that database
whose name begins with 'M' a useful *start* when I want something better
than default...

Cheers

Mark

Сообщение: Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning
Сообщение: Re: Feature Request --- was: PostgreSQL Performance Tuning