Re: RETURN QUERY in PL/PgSQL?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: RETURN QUERY in PL/PgSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Tom, Pavel,
>
>>> Hmm, I see your point. I'm personally satisfied with adding a new
>>> proargmode to solve this as you suggest.
>> This will break client-side code that looks at proargmode, and I don't
>> think the argument in favor is strong enough to justify that ...
>
> What kind of client-side code are we talking about breaking?  Just pgAdmin &
> phpPgAdmin and the like, or potentially other stuff that calls stored
> procedures?
>
> FWIW, pgAdmin3 1.6 *already* breaks on 8.3 procedures, so we have client-side
> breakage already.

If we're going to make a change, please do so sooner rather than later.
I'd like to take pgAdmin to beta Real Soon Now if possible.

Regards, Dave.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Teach tuplesort.c about "top N" sorting, in which only the first
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Teach tuplesort.c about "top N" sorting, in which only the first