Re: Update violating constraint

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Update violating constraint
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Richard Huxton wrote:
> Alban Hertroys wrote:
>> Naz Gassiep wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>     I'm trying to do an update on a table that has a unique constraint
>>> on the field, I need to update the table by setting field = field+1
>
>> I think you're looking for deferrable constraints; see:
>>
>> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/sql-set-constraints.html
>
> Which won't work with unique constraints unfortunately. That's because
> they're implemented through a unique index.

I appreciate the complexities involved, but that really ought to work on
a single statement. I recall seeing something along these lines on the
TODO list some time ago?

--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl

magproductions b.v.

T: ++31(0)534346874
F: ++31(0)534346876
M:
I: www.magproductions.nl
A: Postbus 416
   7500 AK Enschede

// Integrate Your World //

От: Thorsten Kraus
Сообщение: Stored procedure
От: Paul Tilles
Сообщение: Re: psql access of user's environmental variables