Cross-schema inheritence problem

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Cross-schema inheritence problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello all,

I'm trying to inherit a table from the public schema as a table with the
same name in a user-specific schema, but I can't get it to work.

Say I have:
CREATE TABLE test (test_id serial PRIMARY KEY, name text NOT NULL);

CREATE SCHEMA alban AUTHORIZATION alban;

ALTER USER alban SET search_path TO alban;

CREATE TABLE alban.test () INHERITS (public.test);
ERROR:  must be owner of relation test

Is there some way around this?

I would appreciate this to work, as I need to seperate data of two
applications where the 2nd application extends the data of the 1st.

--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl

magproductions b.v.