Re: Feature freeze progress report

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Feature freeze progress report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce, all,
>
>> No, my point is that 100% information is already available by looking at
>> email archives.  What we need is a short description of where we are on
>> each patch --- that is a manual process, not something that can be
>> automated.
>>
>> Tom has posted it --- tell me how we will get such a list in an
>> automated manner.
>
> Several of us have already suggested a method.  If we want the information to
> be up-to-date, then the patch manager, or bug tracker, needs to be a required
> part of the approval & application process, NOT an optional accessory.  That
> is, if patches & bug fixes can come in, get modified, get approved & applied
> entirely on pgsql-patches or pgsql-bugs without ever touching the tracker
> tool, then the tracker tool will be permanently out of date and useless.
>
> It's going to require the people who are doing the majority of the bug hunting
> & patch review to change the way they work, with the idea that any extra time
> associated with the new tool will be offset by being able to spread the work
> more and having information easy to find later, for you as well as others.
> Tom seems to be willing; are you?

Hello,

Well according to himself the last time this came up:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-08/msg01253.php

No, he isn't.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997             http://www.commandprompt.com/

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze progress report
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: autovacuum does not start in HEAD