Re: Heap page diagnostic functions

От Florian G. Pflug
Тема Re: Heap page diagnostic functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> I did not find "forensics" in translator and It mentions in Oxford
> vocabulary but explanation is not clear for me. I agree with Bruce It is
> not good name. What about short form of diagnostic "diag"?

Doesn't forensics basically mean to find the cause of something
*after* it happened, based on traces that the event left behind?
Like finding the culprit of a crime done using for example
fingerprints he left, or tracing the actions of an intruder
by analyzing logfiles or modified binaries?

In that case, it doesn't accuratly describe those functions anyway
I think, because you call them from inside the database while it's
running, not from the outside after it was stopped or crashed.

Just the 2 eurocents of a non-native speaker...
Greetings, Florian Pflug

Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze progress report
Сообщение: Re: Feature freeze progress report