Re: Feature freeze progress report

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Feature freeze progress report
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> The bottom line is if you had a system that was 100% perfect in
> capturing all information about a patch, it only helps us 2% toward
> reviewing the patch, and what is the cost of keeping 100% information?

2% for you or Tom reviewing a recently discussed, run-of-the mill patch.
I suspect that %age will rise as the patch complexity increases and the
reviewers experience decreases - which is exactly the situation that it
would help to improve.

Also note that I'm not saying I can produce a system that's 100% correct
- just one that will capture the posts that keep the patch ID in their
subject line *automatically* - meaning you don't have to worry about
keeping threads for the existing queue or tracking the patch status.

Regards Dave